I feel each works equally well in either a contemporary or classic setting. The gorgeous french wool basket lampshade at top, is from The Country Trader just around the corner. Parterre is in very good company.
1. dark colours on walls really let the furnishings, artwork and in fact, anything else in the room, shine !!
2. dark colours on walls work particularly well with polished concrete floors and sisal flooring in natural tones
3. dark walls show the richness of timber and leather
4. dark walls are timeless … and classic style
5. dark colours are inviting in winter but equally so in summer, teamed with crisp white and pale timber … enjoy creating your own stylish interior.
I am sharing images of my favourite pieces of Gervasoni furniture, above and below. I had the pleasure of meeting Michele Gervasoni last weekend at a gorgeous lunch overlooking Balmoral Beach … a sunny winter’s afternoon … perfection.
It was interesting to hear how he and his brother, the third generation to manage this beautiful Italian furniture company, have expanded their market so enormously … and without any compromise. Their passion for attention to detail and use of natural materials always the hallmark of Gervasoni products.