1. dark colours on walls really let the furnishings, artwork and in fact, anything else in the room, shine !!
2. dark colours on walls work particularly well with polished concrete floors and sisal flooring in natural tones
3. dark walls show the richness of timber and leather
4. dark walls are timeless ... and classic style
5. dark colours are inviting in winter but equally so in summer, teamed with crisp white and pale timber ... enjoy creating your own stylish interior.
it is all in the detail .... a predominantly neutral palette with a hint black or charcoal ...
or a hint of buttoning, antique stud trim or cushion detail
or a smart contrast ... just one
a distinct contrast in style, line and materials ... this works
black, white and stone to soften
the detail softens what would otherwise be ... just black and white
black, white and shades of grey ... always !!
Cold, wind and rain abound and we are thinking warm and cosy interiors and all that go with it.
The glow of candles, bamboo lamp light and the warmth of timber.
Earthy tones and rustic settings.
Exposed timber new or old, makes an architectural statement and creates its own warm colour palette.
The appeal of wool and cashmere fabrics no matter what colour palette.
The warmth of rustic materials, fabulous design and clever lighting .. so simple !!
images: tumblr, browndresswithwhitedots