1. White cane is a beautiful contrast in any tropical garden setting. What could be smarter than navy and white cushions. I imagine frangipani or hibiscus for that splash of exotic colour.
2. Wide verandahs lend themselves to both casual lounge and dining settings depending on your style of entertaining. This reminds me very much of the house my mother grew up in Brisbane, where the verandahs were used extensively as an escape from the summer heat. The groupings of both white and natural cane work so well with the painted white timberwork and cane blinds. Blue and white cushions and chinoiserie lamp bases create an air of elegance.
3. Natural lacquered cane contrasts with all white lattice and painted furniture. Bowls of shells with navy and white chinoiserie and fabrics complete the picture. This colour palette is a signature look for Stuart Membery and also rather ‘Hamptons’.
4. Explore your options with cane … this drinks trolley is a fabulous addition to any entertainment area in summer. Wonderful storage as well as display for your prettiest glasses, decanters, bowls of lemons and limes and silver ice bucket.
5. All white with accents of sea foam green … simply stunning. Collections of shells and coral for warmth. Elegantly framed coral prints, bronze lamp and mirror frame add a certain formality… so chic !! The versatility of cane….
images: stuart membery