1. Kilim rugs with their flat weave (or no pile) seem to sit particularly well in almost any modern interior …. rustic, contemporary, city or country, sitting room, kitchen or even bathroom.
2. Their geometric designs are available in a range of colour tones. Kilims add warmth, fabulous colour and a distinct personality to any neutral interior.
3. Finding a kilim to compliment any scheme or interior is not all that difficult. From recent experience most rug dealers have a number of kilims to look at.
4. The older kilims have the more subtle colours and their size tends to be more rectangular than square.
5. There is a trend now for kilims to be used as upholstery or cushions. I love this look. Not sure how I feel about the patchwork kilims ….
PS. Don’t forget a good underlay … they do tend to move.